Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stolen Post

I snagged this photos from Jeremy's blog........
You know how a song or a smell can bring you back in time and make you remember exactly what you were doing when you heard that song or smelled that smell? I had this same feeling when I saw this photo today. I was 17 years old standing in the wax room at Rider's House Boardshop (RIP) where I worked for pretty much free after school and on the weekends. We were waxing our boards before heading up to Summit for a little weekend warrior time. Nose presses on boxes and straight bars in the Snow Summit "Pro Park" were all the rage. If you had that in your bag of tricks people were rubber necking you from the lifts. This was the first nose press on a down rail (with stairs on both sides none the less) I had ever seen. I stood there in awe and I remember thinking "That is impossible". 100% commitment and total control. I think it was also the moment I realized I wasn't going to be a professional snowboarder.

No comments: